Write for Us
We welcome your contributions! Through writing for Zen WYL, you can share your wisdom with the world, helping us in our mission to create happy homes and improve lives. Our editorial team will work with you to polish your writing and sharpen your message. We work with writers across the globe of every color, creed, orientation, tradition, and background. Add your voice to the Zen WYL mix!
Home decor and feng shui is our beat. We focus on providing modern families with actionable tips and advice to create homes that are prosperous, happy and thriving. Familiarize yourself with our content, and if you feel like you have a story our readers would love, we want to see it!
Keep in mind:
- Write about what you know: Are you a lifelong interior designer or a Feng Shui Expert? We want to hear what you have to say about your area or expertise!
- Be original: Posts must be unique to Zen WYL. Posts must not have been published elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or slated for distribution on other sites.
- Source all health and wellness claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain home routine is healthy, tell us how you know. Use links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://source of research]
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Read our Zen WYL Guest Post Guidelines for further reference.
The Easiest Ways To Get Your Submission Rejected:
- Posts MUST NOT be sales-driven, pushy or influencing our readers to buy, promote or be interested in a specific brand, product or person.
- Post MUST NOT be focused on any other topic besides home decor or Feng Shui. This is our only niche.
- Post MUST be over 500 words in length.
- Posts WILL NOT be accepted if they’re not well-written and well-thought-out with a proper storyline and sequence flow.
- We are NOT the grammar police! If there are constant grammatical and spelling errors within your post, it won’t be accepted.
- Posts MUST NOT be posted or syndicated on other blogging platforms (WordPress, Medium, Tumblr) or other websites. We use plagiarism technology to vet every post submission.
- Posts CANNOT be focused on readers in a single geographic location as we target a global audience.
- If ALL information sources are not properly displayed via external links, the post will be rejected.
- If you did not read these guidelines…we’ll know
Ready to submit?
Complete our form below:
We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days.
By submitting to Zen WYL you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Zen WYL editorial team deems necessary.